The National Institute for the Development of Ministries to Youth is excited that you have chosen to invest your life in the next generation and asked the Lord to use you to develop mature, godly men and women! The National Institute’s internship program is an important part of your education in Youth Ministry at Grace College. Lord-willing, the internship will provide learning, training, and coaching through experiences and opportunities in ministry. The links below will provide everything that you need to apply for, get approval for, and complete your internship, so be sure to keep all sections of the packet. In order for your internship to count for your degree you need to follow the following procedure prior to the internship:
- Complete the Application section.
- Give the Mentor Reference form to your mentor and have him/her return it to The National Institute office.
- Give the Site/Site Supervisor Profile to the supervisor at your choice of Internship site and have him/her return it to The National Institute office.
During the internship:
- Track your hours.
- You will need to keep a journal of your experiences and ministry opportunities. (3 entries per week)
After the internship:
- Give the Site Supervisor Evaluation and Recommendation form to your Site Supervisor and have him/her return it to The National Institute office.
- Complete the Intern Evaluation and Recommendation Form and return it to The National Institute office.
- You will need to borrow “The Seven Laws of the Learner” DVD series from the CE National Lending Library. View these and complete the notebook. This can be purchased from the Lending Library for $15.
- You will need to schedule and complete an exit interview with Timothy Kurtaneck, the director of TNI, to discuss the Internship.
Your internship will be given a grade ONLY after these are completed. If you have any questions concerning these items, contact TNI at firstname.lastname@example.org or 574-267-6622.
May the Lord bless you through your internship!